With so much to do and so little time, it is often the little details involved in weddings that busy
wedding couples forget in the shuffle. Wedding favors inevitably end up on the bottom of the to
This should not be the case. The reality is that, although small, wedding favors serve an
important purpose. They are meant to serve as tokens of thanks for the guests who turn out to
help celebrate the big occasion. With this said, it is important that brides and grooms remember
wedding favors do not have to be elaborate, expensive or outrageous to be special.
Wedding favors can be as small and inexpensive or as elaborate and costly as a couple might
consider. The trick is finding a special something that says thank you. Even the smallest of
gestures can go a long way in making sure guests feel welcomed and appreciated.
The options for wedding favors are amazing. Coming in all shapes, sizes and prices, wedding
favors can be a little hard to choose. Some of the top choices include:
- Candles. Whether they are small creations or large, candles make fantastic wedding favors. From champagne glass designs to miniature wedding present candles, these whimsical little items do not cost a lot, but they do serve the purpose. You can even personalize them for the occasion.
- Crystal creations. Small crystal wedding favors in typical wedding designs, such as shoes, flower bouquets and even wedding coaches can delight guests without costing a small fortune.
- Special place cardholders. These neat little creations don’t cost a lot either and they can serve the double purpose of letting guests know where they are seated.
- Personalized candies and chocolates. Small tins of special candy with stamped tops that bear the bride and groom’s names and the wedding date are much en vogue. These little offerings are not as expensive as many might think.
- Picture frames. Frames that guests can use for their own memories of the wedding day are rather gracious favors. Whether they’re pewter, silver or wood, these little frames tend to be a big hit. You can often personalized these novelties, as well.
- Key chains. Small pewter, silver or even crystal key chains with the bride and groom’s names and wedding date are also gaining in popularity.
- Goodie baskets. Tiny baskets with little trinkets inside can be a big hit, as well.
- Homemade creations. Many couples choose to put a little TLC into the mix, creating their own wedding favors. The choices here can range from handmade goodie baskets to specially made soaps, candles and more.
Coming up with the right wedding favors doesn’t have to require a line of credit. The important
thing to remember when picking out or creating these little items is that they are simply meant to
serve as a small token of thanks. Showing each guest their presence is appreciated, wedding
favors can be as small and simple or as big and elaborate as a couple desires. As long as they get
the job done and look good doing so, they’ll be perfect.